Your corporate membership in EPAC means you are supporting an Association whose mandate is to represent and advance the interests of the upstream oil and gas industry. We represent our members to governments, regulators, the media, community leaders and the general public.
Our goal is to preserve and enhance the fiscal, regulatory and operating environment for our member companies and to help shape government policies, which will support a thriving, and prosperous upstream oil and gas sector. Our work is concentrated in the following areas:
- Advocacy on behalf of our member companies.
- EPAC works with federal and provincial governments and regulators to promote public policy and fiscal and regulatory frameworks that support a thriving junior and mid-sized oil and gas sector.
- EPAC meets with federal and provincial cabinet ministers, as well as senior bureaucrats and regulators, to ensure that the views and perspectives of our members are understood.
- We work collaboratively with other industry associations to advance the upstream oil and gas industry's interests and we act independently on issues that are uniquely vital to our members.
- EPAC is proactive in our media approach. We respond promptly to media inquiries to assist the media in acquiring the facts and insight they need to present a balanced and accurate picture on issues affecting our sector.
- From time to time, EPAC will engage in public speaking opportunities or contribute articles to publications that present our views to a wider audience.
- EPAC distributes a frequent newsletter by email to member companies, alerting them to news, information and events relevant to our sector.
- EPAC also publishes the Explorer magazine twice a year: a Winter edition and Summer issue. The Explorer examines issues and trends affecting Canada's junior and mid-sized oil and gas producers.
- EPAC's website provides relevant information about the 'business of oil and gas,' news items about EPAC companies and issues affecting our industry. The 'members only' section of our website provides additional resources, including archived newletters and Explorer magazine editions; Transportation of Dangerous Goods permits, and other member information.
- Each year in June EPAC hosts its annual Investor Showcase in Calgary. The Showcase features a line-up of EPAC oil and gas producers who present their plans and prospects to an audience of oil and gas analysts, fund managers, investors and media.
- In March each year, EPAC hosts the EPAC Awards lunch to recognize entrepreneurial excellence among Canadian based companies in four producer categories: Top Emerging Producer, Top Junior Producer, Top Intermediate/Senior Producer and Top Canadian-Based International Producer. To learn more about this event go to our event website www.epacawards.ca.
- Both these events are great opportunities to network with other EPAC members.
- EPAC holds its Annual General Meeting in March, in conjunction with the EPAC Awards.
Additional Membership Features
- Member companies are eligible for EPAC's blanket Transportation of Dangerous Goods Permits (Alberta and Federal).
- Employees from member companies with relevant expertise may have the opportunity to volunteer on committees and working groups.
Membership Features for our non- Producer Associate Members
Please contact EPAC directly at (403) 269-3454 to discuss your interest in becoming an Associate Member. The following benifits allow your company to support the upstream industry as well as your client base.
- EPAC applies your membership dues to support the lobbying and communications work we do on behalf of our sector and the entire upstream industry.
- EPAC provides opportunities for our Associate Members to raise their profiles with our Producer Members through the following:
- Advertising in our Explorer magazine. Go here to view the advertising rates for the Explorer magazine.
- Sponsoring EPAC events, including the Investor Showcase and EPAC Awards.